WHY PROMOTIONAL PRODUCTSPosted on 06/20/17
Promotional merchandise is proven to be the most powerful & effective marketing tool. Even though it's a traditional marketing method, promotional products has always been a trusted medium and is a favorited brand marketing tool for start-ups, small-large businesses, institutions, organizations and non-profits. It's also the most cost effective way to promote any business.
SHOW OFF YOUR BRAND WITH PROMOTIONAL PRODUCTS
Promotional products are an excellent tool for increasing your branding efforts. Not only are they kept by the recipients, but when they are used by those recipients, it can be looked at as an endorsement of sorts by their co-workers, friends, and family, who also become exposed to your brand through the use of the promotional product.
• 90% of recipients use a promotional product they received at least once a week.
• 10% of recipients pass a promotional product on to family or friends
• 87% kept a promotional product for more than a year.
In addition, survey respondents said that the return on investment for promotional products delivered a better ROI than radio and outdoor advertising. More than half of promotional product recipients (56%) said that their impression of the company improved after receiving a branded item.
PROMOTIONAL PRODUCTS ARE USED EVERYDAY
Promotional products integrate into life, impacting the daily routines of the recipients.
• 55% said they had at least one promotional product in their bedroom or storage space
• 74% said they had at least one promotional product in their work area
• 91% said they had at least one promotional product in their kitchen
After receiving a promotional product:
• 42% felt a more favorable impression
• 60% have done business with the brand
• 27% said that it served as a constant reminder of the company or brand
When a company or a marketing executive thinks about their advertising budget and where they are going to spend it, mediums like television, radio, print media, and online advertising might come to mind. However, promotional products are an excellent and memorable alternative to those advertising mediums. The impression after receiving a branded gift is increased dynamically over other mediums that can be quickly forgotten or even ignored. Consider these statistics:
20.9% of recipients made a purchase after receiving a promotional product.
That is a very high success rate when you realize the lower level of effectiveness for other types of advertising:
• 4% made a purchase after viewing a print ad
• 1% made a purchase after watching a television commercial
• 6% made a purchase after seeing an online ad